Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Chemical Biology
Jnana Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leveraging its next-generation chemoproteomics RAPID platform to discover medicines for highly validated, challenging-to-drug targets to treat diseases with high unmet need. Jnana is focused on developing first- and best-in-class therapies to treat a wide range of diseases, including rare diseases, immune-mediated diseases and cancer. Jnana's wholly owned lead program is a potential first-in-class oral approach, targeting an allosteric site on the phenylalanine transporter SLC6A19, for the treatment of phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare genetic metabolic disease. Located in Boston, Jnana brings together scientific leaders in small molecule drug discovery and development, a highly experienced management team and the backing of leading life science investors Bain Capital Life Sciences, RA Capital Management, Polaris Partners, Versant Ventures, Avalon Ventures, Pfizer Ventures and AbbVie Ventures. For more information, please visit www.jnanatx.com and follow us on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
About the Opportunity
Jnana Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to work in our multidisciplinary Chemical Biology group. Using our novel hit generation platform and a range of cell-based assays, our research aims to unlock difficult to drug targets and ultimately small molecules that modulate these proteins. Prior experience in drug discovery is preferred. Strong commitment and good work ethic are essential.
- Using state-of-the-art laboratory automation equipment (Tecan liquid handlers, Biotek plate washers, ECHO acoustic dispensers) to conduct high-throughput chemical screens in cells.
- Maintaining mammalian cell culture, cell-line engineering and characterization.
- Performing a range of cell biology assays, including RT-qPCR, Western blotting, ELISA-based assays, among others.
- Assisting with molecular biology and cloning: Gibson assembly, bacterial transformation, and DNA minipreps/midipreps among, protein production, purifications, and more.
- A desire to innovate and solve problems creatively will be important for success.
- Participating and contributing to scientific discussions, meetings, and presentations, planning and carrying out experiments critical to our success.
- Working across scientific disciplines on multiple projects in teams and independently.
Preferred Qualifications & Past Experience
- BS or MS in Biology or other relevant area with Co-op or 1-2 years of industry experience.
- Exposure to laboratory automation.
- Experience with cell culture and/or cell-based assays is preferred.
- Experience with molecular biology and cloning techniques are a plus.
- Many different techniques will be used and training will be provided, but a desire to gain independence is important.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be a scientifically motivated self-starter, able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.