In Vivo Biologist
Jnana Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leveraging its next-generation chemoproteomics RAPID platform to discover medicines for highly validated, challenging-to-drug targets to treat diseases with high unmet need. Jnana is focused on developing first- and best-in-class therapies to treat a wide range of diseases, including rare diseases, immune-mediated diseases and cancer. Jnana's wholly owned lead program is a potential first-in-class oral approach, targeting an allosteric site on the phenylalanine transporter SLC6A19, for the treatment of phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare genetic metabolic disease. Located in Boston, Jnana brings together scientific leaders in small molecule drug discovery and development, a highly experienced management team and the backing of leading life science investors Bain Capital Life Sciences, RA Capital Management, Polaris Partners, Versant Ventures, Avalon Ventures, Pfizer Ventures and AbbVie Ventures. For more information, please visit www.jnanatx.com and follow us on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
About the Opportunity
Jnana Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated In Vivo Biologist to work in our multidisciplinary Translational Immunology group. Title will be flexible based on experience. At Jnana, we use our novel hit generation platform to unlock traditionally difficult-to-drug targets. This opportunity is for an individual who strives to innovate and is never satisfied with routine. This person will be collaborating with Biology and Chemistry groups to design and implement mouse models of PK/PD and efficacy for autoimmune diseases. Prior experience in drug discovery, particularly in the area of autoimmune disease models, cytokine analysis and multi-color flow cytometry is desired. Must have strong technical experience handling, dosing, and sampling from mice. Strong commitment and work ethic are essential.
- Design and implement acute PK/PD models to interrogate autoimmune targets.
- Ex-vivo assessment of serum cytokines using MSD, ELISA, etc. and multi-color flow cytometric analysis of immune cells from peripheral blood and tissues.
- Utilize mouse models of autoimmune disease including models of colitis, SLE and psoriasis to interrogate novel compounds.
- Interface with project teams to understand project goals and collaborate on how to address them experimentally
- Occasional weekend monitoring/dosing of studies.
Preferred Qualifications & Past Experience
- BS or MS in Biology or other relevant area with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Must be competent in IV, PO, SC and IP dosing of mice, in-life, and terminal blood collections.
- Experience running PK/PD models with timed collections and mouse models of autoimmune disease.
- Ability to learn and execute new techniques quickly and proficiently.
- Demonstrated desire and ability to operate independently is important.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to represent in vivo function on project teams to aid in experimental design and data delivery
- Must be a scientifically motivated self-starter, able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.