Proteomics Research Associate
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting new startup focused on drugging the SLC family of metabolite transporters using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on immunometabolism, lysosomal function, and mucosal defense, important disease pathways where SLC transporters provide novel targets for immuno-oncology, inflammatory disorders, and neurological diseases.
At Jnana, we are passionate about leaving a legacy of healthy people, who as a result of breakthrough medicines lead transformed lives. We are building a company committed to innovative science, rigorous drug development, and a constant appreciation for the privilege to serve society by developing medicines. A bold team empowered to perform beyond traditional roles is at the center of all we do. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by this vision.
Jnana Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associate to work on a wide range of qualitative and quantitative mass spectrometry-based proteomics projects. Using a wide range of mass spectrometers and sample preparation techniques, we aim to increase our understanding of SLC biology, ligandability, and to generate small molecule hits.
- Preparation of biological samples for mass spectrometric analysis; including mammalian cell lysate, click chemistry, protease digestion, peptide purification.
- Mammalian cell culture in regular and SILAC media.
- Interpret and analyze data using a range of software tools and computational approaches.
- Participate and contribute to scientific discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Work across scientific disciplines on multiple projects, timelines and priorities in parallel.
- Help to build and expand an innovative chemical biology platform for drug discovery.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry or other relevant area.
- Experience with small molecule mass spectrometry a plus, but not required.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com