Senior Scientist (Cell Biology)
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting startup focused on modulating the SLC family of metabolite transporters in key disease pathways using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on Immune and Inflammatory diseases in addition to other therapeutic areas critically dependent on metabolites that provide facile translation from preclinical studies to clinical development. Jnana is dedicated to diseases with high unmet patient needs and where SLC modulation can result in a novel or differentiated approach to current therapies.
Jnana Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Scientist to support our internal drug discovery group focused on SLC drug discovery programs. Through small molecule screening using our novel and proprietary RAPID platform, and a range of cell-based assays, our research aims to expand our understanding of SLC transporter biology and ultimately discover drugs modulating these proteins. Expertise in modern cellular biology techniques is necessary. Strong commitment and good work ethic are essential. Level can be flexible based on experience.
- Serve as an integral member of a disease/project team, focused on identifying and characterizing SLCs that regulate key metabolic pathways
- Generate and test target validation hypotheses with a deep understanding of the target in disease pathways of interest
- Develop disease relevant cellular assays and assess the impact of hit and lead compounds in these assays
- Maintain expertise of the scientific literature and apply target biology insights across drug discovery programs.
- Propose novel targets for drug discovery programs
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment, mentor and train research associates in the practice of in vitro cellular biology techniques
- Participate and intellectually contribute to scientific discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Help to build and expand an innovative platform for drug discovery.
- Ph.D. and post-doctoral experience in Cell Biology
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented with excellent communication skills.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form directly through our website.Apply