Principal Scientist (Drug Discovery Chemistry)
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting startup focused on modulating the SLC family of metabolite transporters in key disease pathways using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on Immune and Inflammatory diseases in addition to other therapeutic areas critically dependent on metabolites that provide facile translation from preclinical studies to clinical development. Jnana is dedicated to diseases with high unmet patient needs and where SLC modulation can result in a novel or differentiated approach to current therapies.
Jnana Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Principal Scientist to support our internal chemistry group focused on SLC drug discovery programs. Through small molecule screening using our novel and proprietary RAPID platform, and a range of cell-based assays, our research aims to expand our understanding of SLC transporter biology and ultimately discover drugs modulating these proteins. Prior drug discovery, program experience necessary. Strong commitment and good work ethic are essential. Level can be flexible based on experience.
- Provide medicinal chemistry expertise to drive programs from hit generation to clinical candidate selection using state of the art design principles and strategies.
- Utilize synthetic expertise to design and execute synthesis of target molecules.
- Work closely with external chemistry CRO teams to synthesize and screen target molecules
- Work collaboratively across scientific disciplines on multiple projects.
- Proactively engage in brainstorming and the generation of new ideas across projects.
- Assist in preparing patent applications and publications.
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment.
- Help to build and expand an innovative platform for drug discovery.
- Ph.D. and post-doctoral experience in Organic Chemistry with 5-10 years of industry experience as a medicinal chemist.
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented with excellent communication skills.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form directly through our website.Apply