Medicinal Chemical Biologist (Scientist/Senior Scientist Level)
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting new startup focused on drugging the SLC family of metabolite transporters using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on important disease pathways where SLC transporters provide new targets for inflammatory disorders, immuno-oncology, and neurological diseases.
At Jnana, we are passionate about leaving a legacy of healthy people, who, as a result of breakthrough medicines, lead transformed lives. We are building a company committed to innovative science, rigorous drug development, and a constant appreciation for the privilege to serve society by developing medicines. A bold team empowered to perform beyond traditional roles is at the center of all we do. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by this vision.
Medicinal chemical biology is central to the advances that are required to unlock the therapeutic potential of SLC target modulation. Jnana seeks an enthusiastic and collaborative scientist to work at the chemistry-biology interface to help develop our SLC drug discovery platform.
- Create novel technologies to enhance and accelerate SLC drug discovery
- Apply chemical biology to thoroughly explore molecular pharmacology (e.g. therapeutic target identification & validation, drug-target occupancy & selectivity) and disease aetiology (including studies of pathophysiologically-relevant changes to SLC proteins and their substrates)
- Work effectively in a multidisciplinary group, and closely with the MS proteomics team in particular, to further develop our transporter chemoproteomics expertise
Qualifications and Skills
- PhD in chemistry or chemical biology (and ≥2 years post-doctorate experience is desirable)
- Broad experience in chemical biology techniques
- Deep knowledge of bio-organic chemistry
- Exemplary lab-based innovator
- Independent design, prosecution and interpretation of experiments
- Comfortable taking a multidisciplinary approach to solving biological/pharmacological problems
- Collaborative researcher with strong team working skills
- Chemoproteomics experience, including the development of novel synthetic techniques, is desirable
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form directly through our website.ApplyApply