Jnana Therapeutics is seeking a seasoned Laboratory Manager with exceptional interpersonal skills that will support the research organization and oversee all lab operations. The role encompasses a range of activities from stock room management, EH&S oversight, purchasing and procurement, to coordination of shipments.
- Responsible for the management of laboratory inventory and vendor relationships.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and management of the EH&S program.
- Oversee lab equipment purchases, including price negotiation and installation.
- Facilitate interactions with equipment vendors for service calls and routine maintenance.
- Develop, implement, and manage record keeping systems for MTAs, service contracts, and other documentation.
- Create SOPs and manuals as needed for all lab procedures and processes.
- Receive incoming shipments and coordinate all outgoing shipments.
- Responsible for glass wash and autoclave workflows.
- Maintain the chemical and biological inventory tracking system.
- Manage all hazardous waste streams and coordinate disposal.
- Responsible for general laboratory housekeeping and organization.
- Implement new processes that increase the operational efficiency of the facility and lab operations.
- Part of 24-hour response team for facility and EH&S issues and emergencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in lab operations or facility management roles supporting chemistry and biology constituents.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust accordingly to accommodate changing priorities.
- Experience in handling routine laboratory chemicals and biological materials and managing chemical and reagent inventory systems.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and associated regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including lifting moderately heavy boxes, prolonged standing, pushing gas tanks, etc.
- Familiarity with HVAC, electrical, janitorial, and other facility related duties.
- Exceptional organizational, record-keeping and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a committed team player.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form directly through our website.