Immunologist (Principal Scientist Level)
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting new startup focused on drugging the SLC family of metabolite transporters using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on gut and immunometabolism, as well as lysosomal and mitochondrial function – important disease pathways where SLC transporters provide novel targets for inflammatory disorders, immuno-oncology, and neurological diseases.
At Jnana, we are passionate about leaving a legacy of healthy people, who as a result of breakthrough medicines lead transformed lives. We are building a company committed to innovative science, rigorous drug development, and a constant appreciation for the privilege to serve society by developing medicines. A bold team empowered to perform beyond traditional roles is at the center of all we do. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by this vision.
The successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of immunology and significant experience with cellular assays in immune cells, with a particular focus on innate immunity. This role requires a self-starter with a Pharma or Biotech track record working and leading projects focused on macrophage or dendritic cell biology in autoimmune or inflammatory diseases, or immuno-oncology. Knowledge of and experience in immunometabolism or disease pathways involved in inflammatory bowel disease would be especially useful.
- Responsibility for the development and validation of in vitro and ex vivo immunoassays to evaluate innate immune cell function
- Ability to generate and experimentally validate potential target hypotheses, with a deep mechanistic understanding of the target in disease pathways of interest
- Presentation of results to the team, leadership, and Board members regularly with full transparency
- Using excellent scientific and personal communication skills to work cross-functionally internally and externally with collaborators
- Deep knowledge of the scientific literature, attendance at scientific conferences, and application of external insights to internal drug discovery programs
Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD in Immunology with 7+ years of drug discovery Industry experience
- Expertise with innate immune cell biology and functional assays, particularly macrophage and/or dendritic cell biology
- Proficiency with immune cell assay technologies including flow cytometry, FACS analysis, and screens involving small molecules and/or genetic perturbations (e.g. CRISPR)
- Collaborative researcher with strong teamworking skills
- Desire to contribute insights outside of core expertise
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form directly through our website.ApplyApply