Epithelial Cell Biologist (Scientist/Senior Scientist Level)
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting new startup focused on drugging the SLC family of metabolite transporters using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on gut and immunometabolism, as well as lysosomal and mitochondrial function – important disease pathways where SLC transporters provide novel targets for inflammatory disorders, immuno-oncology, and neurological diseases.
At Jnana, we are passionate about leaving a legacy of healthy people, who as a result of breakthrough medicines lead transformed lives. We are building a company committed to innovative science, rigorous drug development, and a constant appreciation for the privilege to serve society by developing medicines. A bold team empowered to perform beyond traditional roles is at the center of all we do. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by this vision.
We are seeking an epithelial cell biologist with a desire to unravel the interplay between metabolism and intestinal barrier function in mechanistic detail. You will be an integral member of the inflammatory bowel disease team, focused on identifying SLCs that regulate gut barrier integrity. We value scientific rigor and intensity, but we are equally committed to building a fun and collaborative team.
- Responsibility for the establishment and validation of in vitro and organoid assays to evaluate gut barrier function
- Ability to generate and experimentally validate potential target hypotheses, with a deep mechanistic understanding of the target in disease pathways of interest
- Presentation of results to the team, leadership, and Board members regularly with full transparency
- Using excellent scientific and personal communication skills to work cross-functionally internally and externally with collaborators
- Deep knowledge of the scientific literature, attendance at scientific conferences, and application of external insights to internal drug discovery programs
Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD and 3+ years of postdoc experience; industry experience is desirable but not necessary
- A strong publication record demonstrating the dissection of molecular mechanisms in epithelial cell biology.
- Experience with genetic perturbation technologies, such as shRNA or CRISPR, and their application to various cell types.
- Creative and collaborative researcher with strong team working skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment
- Experience with IBD and a track record of target validation would be beneficial but is not necessary
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form directly through our website.ApplyApply