Cellular Assay Development (Principal Scientist Level)
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting new startup focused on drugging the SLC family of metabolite transporters using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on gut and immunometabolism, as well as lysosomal and mitochondrial function – important disease pathways where SLC transporters provide novel targets for inflammatory disorders, immuno-oncology, and neurological diseases.
At Jnana, we are passionate about leaving a legacy of healthy people, who as a result of breakthrough medicines lead transformed lives. We are building a company committed to innovative science, rigorous drug development, and a constant appreciation for the privilege to serve society by developing medicines. A bold team empowered to perform beyond traditional roles is at the center of all we do. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by this vision.
The successful candidate with cellular assay development experience and expertise will help guide research efforts with biology colleagues to establish a suite of cellular assays. This role requires a self-starter with a Pharma or Biotech track record working in various disease area discovery projects, guiding assay design, development and optimization. A deep knowledge of biochemistry, molecular biology, and/or cell biology along with current assay platforms applied to both medium and high throughput screening, will enable you to guide our team and help establish our platform biology for a broad portfolio of projects in multiple disease areas including neurology, immune-mediated disorders, and Immuno-oncology.
- Responsibility for the design, development, validation, and optimization of a variety of cell-based assays, including those involving membrane protein transport and binding
- Proficiency with assay design with a variety of cell types including neuronal, immune, and epithelial cells
- Using excellent scientific and personal communication skills to work cross-functionally internally and externally with CRO partners
- Presentation of results to the team, leadership, and Board members regularly with full transparency
- Investigation of the scientific literature and application of external knowledge to internal drug discovery programs when appropriate
Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular or Cellular Biology with 7+ years of industry success in drug discovery
- Expertise with in vitro cell-assay design, troubleshooting, and optimization required
- Experience with membrane protein (e.g. GPCR, ion channel, SLC or ABC transporters) assays would be ideal
- An innate ability to take on novel challenges and provide creative solutions to teams across the portfolio
- Collaborative researcher with strong teamworking skills
- Desire to contribute insights outside of core expertise
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form directly through our website.ApplyApply