Cell Biologist (Senior/Principal Scientist Level)
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting startup focused on modulating the SLC family of metabolite transporters in key disease pathways using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on inflammatory bowel diseases, disorders of immunometabolism, and neurological disorders – areas where we believe drugging SLC transporters will provide effective medicines for diseases of high unmet need.
We are seeking a passionate cell biologist with a desire to unravel the interplay between metabolism and cell function. You will be an integral member of a disease/project team, focused on identifying and characterizing SLCs that regulate key metabolic pathways. You would in turn be involved with the characterization of small molecules modulators of SLC function through the progression of full drug discovery programs.
We value scientific rigor and intensity, but we are equally committed to building a fun and collaborative team.
- Ability to generate and experimentally validate potential target hypotheses, with a deep mechanistic understanding of the target in disease pathways of interest. This could involve a range of assay types, end-points and technical expertise including molecular biology, biochemistry, cellular imaging and a range of other functional endpoints.
- Presentation of results to the team, leadership, and Board members regularly with full transparency
- Using excellent scientific and personal communication skills to work cross-functionally internally and externally with collaborators
- Deep knowledge of the scientific literature, attendance at scientific conferences, and application of external insights to internal drug discovery programs
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- PhD and 3+ years of postdoc experience; industry experience is desirable but not necessary
- Experience in gut biology, immunology or neuroscience with deep technical expertise in area of study.
- Assay development experience and understanding of pharmacology is desirable.
- A strong publication record demonstrating the dissection of molecular and/or cellular mechanisms.
- Creative and collaborative researcher with strong team working skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment. Need to have urgency to translate data into approaches for new medicines.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form directly through our website.