Biology Research Associate
Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting startup focused on modulating the SLC family of metabolite transporters in key disease pathways using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on inflammatory bowel diseases, disorders of immunometabolism, and neurological disorders – areas where we believe drugging SLC transporters will provide effective medicines for diseases of high unmet need.
Jnana Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associate to support internal SLC drug discovery programs. Through small molecule screening and a range of cell-based assays, our research aims to expand our understanding of SLC transporter biology and ultimately discover drugs modulating these proteins. Prior experience is preferred but not required. Strong commitment and good work ethic are essential. Levels can be flexible based on experience.
- Maintaining mammalian cell culture. Primary cell culture experience is preferred
- Carrying out cell-based small molecule screening and/or functional assays
- Assisting with molecular biology and cloning: Gibson assembly, bacterial transformation, and DNA minipreps/midipreps among others
- Performing cellular biology related protocols: siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR, RNA extractions, RT-qPCR, Western blotting and imaging, ELISA based assays, Flow cytometry analysis among others
- Participating and contributing to scientific discussions, meetings, and presentations
- Many different techniques will be used and training will be provided, but a desire to gain independence is important
- Working across scientific disciplines on multiple projects
- Helping to build and expand an innovative platform for drug discovery
- BS or MS in Biology or other relevant area
To apply, please email email@example.com or fill out the form directly through our website.ApplyApply